Recuva File Recovery (pronounced “recover”) is a freeware Windows utility that can help you to restore your files, which have been accidentally deleted from your computer. This includes files accidentally emptied from the Recycle bin as well as images and other files that have been deleted by user error from memory cards or external devices, such as MP3 players. With Recuva you can even rescue files that have been ‘lost’ due to bugs, crashes or viruses!
Key Features include:
- Simple to use interface – just click ‘Scan’ and choose the files you want to recover.
- Easy to use filter for results based on file name/type.
- Simple Windows like interface with List and Tree view.
- Can be run from a USB thumb drive.
- Restores all types of files, including office documents, images, video, music, email etc.
- Supports FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, NTFS5 , NTFS + EFS file systems.
- Restores files from removable media such as digital cameras, memory sticks, CF cards, Smart Media Cards, SD cards, etc.)
- Restores files from external ZIP drives, Firewire and USB hard drives.
- Lightweight and fast.
Unlike most file recovery tools, Recuva can restore files from damaged or newly formatted drives. With greater flexibility Recuva has a better chance of recovering your data. Recuva comes with an advanced deep scan feature that scours your drive to locate any traces of files you have deleted.
Recuva also has a secure overwrite feature that enables you to destroy a file, so that it cannot be recovered using normal software recovery tools. Using industry and military standard deletion techniques to make sure your files stay erased, Recuva’s secure overwrite feature ensures your data remains as private as possible.
Overall, Recuva is a superior file recovery solution that supports numerous file types, and it can recover your data from any re-writeable media, such as memory cards, external hard drives, and USB drives. It is lightweight, easy to use and because it is from Piriform, the creators of CCleaner, and Speccy, it is free!
(By source: filehippo.com)